What is Instagram and how do I use it?
Once you have downloaded the Instagram app you can quickly view photos and videos posted by other members of the community.
So, in a nutshell, Instagram lets you connect with other people and share content
Why should I care?
Instagram is great for anyone who wants to reach out to other people and express yourself.
Moreover, it is vital for any business wishing to reach out and attract potential customers.
Instagram can be used as a free way to spread the word and engage with people who might be
interested in what you are promoting.
You can gather loyal fans and let people know about new updates to your products or services.
What are good examples of posts?
How do I post?
Creating posts is essential to using Instagram. This is the first step to your journey as an Instagrammer.
You can create a post as follows:
- On the app, click on the plus symbol at the bottom of the screen.
- Your gallery appears, choose an image.
- Click the ‘next’ button on the top right hand corner twice.
- Enter your caption. You can add hashtags here if you like!
- Enter a location if you wish
- Tag other people if you wish
- Click the ‘share’ button on the top right hand corner to share the image.
- Once you’ve shared the image, you can add hashtags to your comments if you like!
What are likes and how do I get them?
Images can be liked by other users. The more likes an image gets, the better. Images with more likes get are more likely to be seen by other people as they are more prominent.
Within any hashtag category, images with the most likes are placed at the top where users can easily view them.
So, likes are key!
You can get likes by liking other people’s posts, by applying hashtags, reaching out to followers and friends and through free services such as Gramblr.
What are hashtags and how do I use them?
How can I get images for posts?
What kind of posts can I make?
How can I create posts on the web and mobile?
What is following in the Instagram universe?
You follow people in order to see their posts on your ‘home page’. You get followers and these are people who will, likewise, see your posts on their ‘home page’.
How do I follow people?
When you look at a post e.g. by checking all the posts in a hashtag category, you will see a ‘follow’ link at the top left side of the screen beside the person’s name. Click on this to follow someone.
You can find people by searching for them. To search for a person do the following:
- Click on the search link on the bottom of the screen
- Click on the search bar which then appears at the top of the screen.
- On click, four sub menu items appear. Click on ‘people’ and enter glitterbugtech. You will find us.
- Once you click on our profile, you will see a ‘follow’ link on the top left of the screen. Click this button to follow us!
We always follow back 🙂
How do I get more followers?
You need to get followers. Remember. these are people who will see your posts without the need for hashtags. You want as many as possible but mainly people who are interested in what you are promoting.
You can get followers by following other people and asking them to follow you in return, by asking people in your own circles or by posting interesting and eye catching content.
How do I use Instagram to get people to reach my product?
- Draw people in with nice images or screenshots of your product
- Entertain people with funny posts
- Show people inspirational quotes or interesting facts
- Use eye catching combinations of photos and text
- Let people immediately see your product or what it does
- Ask questions
- Draw people in with mystery.
You cannot directly click on an instagram post, so you can’t add links to your own site or other promotional pages. This leads the question – how do I bring users? One way we have found is to provide them with simple instructions e.g. Search for Glitterbug in Google Play.
Who are Glitterbug and what do we do?
We are an Irish startup company focusing on software development for the mobile platform. Why not talk to us about having an app developed or download one of our many existing products. You can find out more at our website http://www.glitterbug.ie